ESD (electrostatic discharge protection devices), also known as TVs array, is a multi-channel or single-channel ESD protection device with specific functions designed by multiple TVs grains or diodes in different layouts. It is mainly used for electrostatic protection of various communication interfaces, such as USB, HDMI, RS485, RS232 VGA, RJ11, RJ45, BNC, SIM, SD and other interfaces. Let's follow Xiaobian to learn about the characteristics and parameters of ESD electrostatic protection components!
1、 Characteristics of ESD electrostatic protection components
• low capacitance, with a minimum of a few tenths of a skin method;
• fast response time: usually less than 1.0ps;
• small size, miniaturized devices, saving PCB space;
• the working voltage can be designed according to the working voltage of IC, such as 2.8V, 3.3V, 5V, 12V, 15V, etc;
• high flexibility, and parameters such as capacitance, packaging form and surge withstand capacity can be designed according to application requirements;
• diversified packaging forms, including qfn-0201, sod-882, dfn1006-3l, sot-523, sod-523, qfn-10, sod-123s, SOD-323, SOT-23, SOT-143, SOT-363, sot23-6l, soic-8, soic-16, etc;
2、 Detailed explanation of ESD electrostatic protection component parameters
• vrwm: reverse cut-off voltage, generally speaking, is the maximum working voltage allowed by ESD. At this voltage, ESD is in the cut-off state. At this time, the leakage current of ESD is very small, a few microamps or even lower.
• VBR: breakdown voltage, which is the voltage at which ESD will start to act (avalanche breakdown). It is generally measured under the specified current, usually under the current of 1mA.
• IR: reverse leakage current, that is, the leakage current of ESD measured when vrwm voltage is applied at both ends of ESD device.
• IPP: peak pulse current, generally 8 / 20 μ S waveform measurement.
• VC: clamp voltage, measure the voltage at both ends of ESD under a given IPP. VC of most ESD products is directly proportional to VBR and IPP.
• C J: junction capacitance. ESD junction capacitance is related to ESD chip area and working voltage. For ESD products with the same voltage, the larger the chip area is, the larger the junction capacitance is; For ESD with the same chip area, the higher the working voltage, the lower the junction capacitance.